Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day

Happy 4th of July to all!

Today is one of the busiest days at the hotel. I really don't have too much time to post, but I have a story.

Today, a guest approached and the following conversation took place:

Guest: Excuse me, but there's something that looks like dog poop on the carpet upstairs
Me:... oh my. I will let the housekeepers know.
Guest: Well, I told someone who was up there and she said it would get cleaned at the end of the year.
Me: Well, where is it? In the hallway?
Guest: In the hallway, near the stairs on the second floor. There are two spots, they look like dog poop. If you just give me the carpet cleaner I'll take care of it
Me: Erm. We don't give out cleaning supplies to guests. I'll let the housekeepers know
Guest: Well, will they take care of it?
Me: That is up to them. But I'm sure that they will look into it and decide if it is a priority.

I spoke to the housekeepers shortly after.
There are no dog poop piles on the carpet. Which could have something to do with the fact that we have a strict no pets policy.
What did the guest see, then?
Two small stains on the carpet. They are black. They are small. They look NOTHING like dog poop.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment