Sunday, July 26, 2009

Someone just came up to the desk and asked me how to spell the word "athletic". It was a middle aged woman. She said that she and her husband had been "Trying to figure it out for a while now".

Wow.

Today started off rough when the poeple in charge of setting up continental breakfast didn't show up. I had to send them to the other hotel to get theirs, and they weren't pleased.

Then there was the woman who was sure that she was checking out of room 460. The problem is that this hotel doesn't have a room 460. I looked her up by her last name and she was actually in 620. Then she started to walk away... I had to remind her to turn in her keys.

A very kind gentleman also asked me to find out what kind of paint we use on the doorframes here. Because it was the "highest gloss he'd ever seen". So, I asked my buddy the maintenance guy, and luckily he knew.. rustoleum I think? Anyway. Bizzare request.

Now there are like 200 people here for the Sunday Brunch.. it's crazy loud here in the lobby. The good news is that there are just 3 more hours to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment